Institutional investors such as pension funds, insurers and asset managers often take into account environmental, social and governance factors with their investment decisions.
Institutional investors by themselves form organisations of which “sustainability” may be part of the organisational startegy to generate better returns, or to develop new products and services.
This course teaches how sustainability can be integrated into business, strategy, execution, policy and development.
- Sustainability in general: defenition, background, global developments, economic theory;
- Sustainability and investment policy, investment beliefs, impact investing, sustainable alternative investments
- Sustainability and organisational theory
- External reporting, integrated reporting, Global Reporting Initiative
Competencies that are addressed:
- Influence: give direction in all situations and inspire people to create an environment that benefits all
- Communication: bring a message across, through active listening to others and accurately produce written and verbal presentations
- Sensitivity to environment: see things from a different viewpoint, and take into account the effect that your actions have on others
- Leadership: inspire and show direction to organisations and individuals with conviction.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to understand and apply Sustainability to the own organisation.
The four day programme is as follows:
- Sustainability in general
Definition and background of sustainability, global developments, energy, commodities, and general economic theory
- Sustainability and investment management
Sustainable investing, investment beliefs, impact investing, ESG investing, sustainable alternative investments, strategic and tactical investment management, active and passive investing, performance measurement, and reporting
- Sustainability and organisational strategy
Sustainability as part of the organisational strategy, organisational theory, strategic planning, effective management, organisational culture, internal control, performance measurement, accountability and evaluation
- External reporting
Regulation, integrated reporting, global reporting initiative.
- A certificate of participation
- The books ‘The Profit of Sustainability’ and ‘Pension Funds, Insurers and Socially Responsible Investing’.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is available in the Dutch language only.
Time for each course: 3 – 6
Beurs World Trade Centre Rotterdam
Rates and registration