- Your personal data We collect personal information about you when you register or subscribe for one of our services, place an order, use our online services, interact with us in any other way, such as via social media, ask for information or assistance, or attend an event that we run. By registering, subscribing or using our services, you consent to the use of your personal data in line with this policy. The information we collect and hold about you may include your name, email address, phone and mobile phone numbers, home address, shipping and payment card billing address, payment card details, IP address, search criteria, shopping history, shopping preferences, the type of browser you use (a browser is the program you use to look at websites, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari), the times when you access the site and for how long, your referring URL (the site you come from to reach our website), cell IDs (these are the unique identifiers of the telecommunications towers being used by your mobile phone when you use our locations-based services on your mobile phone or tablet) and other location information (for example, GPS measurements) and other content you share with us when you use our services, date of birth, password details, answers to security questions and any other information you may give us. We may record or monitor calls that you receive from us or make to us. We do this for security and training purposes, and to improve the services we provide to you.
- Who we will share your personal information with We will share your information with other companies with whom we have a business relationship to fullfill orders or assisting us with our events such as mailing houses. In addition your information may be shared with our colleagues answering your questions or giving you advice on our educational programmes, credit reference or fraud prevention agencies, which may keep a record of that information; and regulatory bodies, government and enforcement agencies, such as the police. Every now and again, we receive requests for information from employers, government departments, and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your personal information, we will provide it to the organisation asking for it.
- Where we process your personal information When we use your information as described in this policy, this may involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we do this, we make sure that appropriate steps are taken to protect your personal information and your rights. By providing us with your personal information, you agree that we may transfer, store and process your information outside the EEA. Governments in certain countries such as the USA have broad powers to access data for security, crime prevention and detection and law enforcement purposes.
- How you can access your personal information and keep it up to date You have the right to see information we hold about you, with some exceptions which are described in the privacy laws. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org You have the right to review and update your personal details. If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information we hold is not correct, please visit our online services and, after logging into the site using the "Sign In" menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the "My Account" section. Only you or, upon your request, our customer service, may access your personal data from our online services using your user ID and password. Information may be changed online within "My Details", "Shipping Details" and "My Email Preferences". You can change or delete saved credit/debit card details each time you make a purchase. You will also be able to delete saved credit/debit card details by adding or editing a shipping/billing address. If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, the order will be re- processed through security validation checks. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at email@example.com and we will amend your personal details. We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided to us. We have put in place technology and security policies which are designed to protect the personal information we hold about you. These cover storing, using and releasing any information you have provided and, as well as measures designed to prevent unauthorised access or use. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use.
- Other websites Our online services contain hyperlinks to websites that are owned and operated by other organisations. These websites have their own privacy and cookie policies, and we urge you to read them. They control how your personal information is used when you give it to these other organisations or they collect it with cookies. We do not approve any other websites and we are not responsible for any information, material, products or services that are on or accessible through those websites or for the privacy practices of websites run by other organisations. If you use these other websites you do so at your own risk.